Thursday, September 2, 2010

School time is all the time...

In the future, you'll be seeing a lot of pictures of our kiddos with books.

Half-Pint has been reading up a storm. Her reading & spelling skills really picked up after we began the Spell to Write and Read program. It began as a little co-op with other kids her age from school. Our friend taught it and the moms sat in and helped or just watched. I am truely amazed with that program. We are continuing on with it this year.

Half-Pint and Farmer Boy are constantly asking me "is school done now???". This drives me batty. It's almost as if they are saying, "Are we done?! Can we be free now?!?!?!?" Seriously?? As if I have them chained to a desk, staring up at a chalkboard, making them rattle off facts that they probably don't understand in the first place? My answer usually is, "NO! So quit asking!"

Yesterday, I was asked the blasted question. I took a deep breath, quickly asked God for wisdom, and then gently replied,

"No. School is never over in this house. We learn all day, every day. We learn from books, from cleaning, cooking, gardening, and even doing the laundry. So... no. We are NOT done."

I didn't hear the question all day.

But I did hear it this morning. I turned around and Half-Pint said, "Woopsie." Then I gave her a smile.

In this picture, you will see HP reading to FB. It's a book called Small Wolf by Nathaniel Benchley. I am one proud mama. HP didn't need any help with the words. She even stopped to explain some of the book to her brother. So sweet!

Reading- CHECK!
History- CHECK!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment