Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nature for Today, and maybe I need to buy a book...

We found this beautiful moth just outside our front door on a sunny morning. Half-Pint recieved a "bug magnifier" for her birthday, so we were able to observe it for a few minutes before letting it go. I completely forgot to have her sketch it off the pictures we took, maybe we can do that on another day.

After talking to a friend and reading a bit from Pocketful of Pinecones, I am thinking about purchasing Anna Botsford Comstock's Handbook of Nature Study. I checked it out from the library once and thought, "eeesh... this is too huge. What woud I do with that?!" Well... now I know. The kids ask me about spiders, trees, and these other beautiful insects, and I have no clue of what their names are! ;)

So, I'll be checking out used copies of this book.

We're over a month into school and I am ALREADY thinking of buying more books for school.

Please tell me that I am NOT the only one!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment