Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Compromise


We've been struck with a virus in our home. Last week, Half-Pint & Little Brown Braid were hit. Fever then cough. We had to take the week off from doing any work so they could get better.
This week, as I was planning out our week I was all set to get caught up and stay on schedule.
Then, last night, Farmer Boy was hit with the fever. Ugh. And this morning, Half-Pint decided to have a bad attitude for a couple of hours. Let's just say that I was ready to throw in the towel. I've already been discouraged about our weeks, thinking that we're not getting enough done. This is what happens when I start comparing. I am realizing everyday that my kids' needs are not the same as other kids'. I also need to realize that life JUST HAPPENS and I need to go with it, otherwise, I'll just keep fighting and things will seem to take forever.
When I found HP reading to FB today, I thought, "Ok. This is good. This is better than school." Then, HP decided to draw a picture of a Dorking Chicken. Isn't it great?

In other news, for the past few months, I've been re-thinking our Math curriculum. sheesh. I've been researching on and off. We'll see where this takes us.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment