Friday, February 25, 2011

Library Day

This was part of a stack of books that we checked out from the library a few weeks ago. Every Friday, we head over to our local library. We go right when it opens and we are sometimes the only people there. We love the librarians. The kids love looking at all the books.
I love the online system. I also love the interlibrary loan. I ALSO love the state-wide library loan system. If our county doesn't have the book I want, I can check the state wide database. If participating libraries have that book I need, I can request it. It gets shipped to my library and waits for me on the hold shelf. HOW GREAT! It does have a hefty $1/day late fee. If you LOSE the book?? It costs $115. Yes. So these books are placed in a SPECIAL spot in our home! The kids know that if there is the "special tag" on it, to be VERY VERY CAREFUL! ;)
Maybe I should post a weekly library day pic.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment